Make your next Friendsgiving, bachelorette party, or birthday celebration a food adventure:
Looking for a unique New Jersey culinary experience? Gather 6 or more* of your friends and family and we’ll organize a private food tour just for you and your group. Your only job? Meet. Eat. Drink. Repeat. Relax and leave the rest to us.
Choose between Jersey City, Princeton, Red Bank, and Somerville. We work with over 65 restaurants, bars, and breweries to plan an experience curated with you in mind.
The perfect outlet for:
Hosting out-of-town friends/family | College field trips | Supper clubs | Unconventional baby or bridal shower | Bachelorette/bachelor parties | Night out on the town | Anniversaries | Birthday celebrations | Reunions | Mom clubs | Alumni groups | Just because!
Unique. Fun. Delicious.
- What to Expect: Visit four eateries guided by an NJ foodie expert. You and your guests will enjoy generous food and beverage options at each location. Plus, we’ll introduce you to the chefs, mixologists, and restaurateurs. All select food and alcoholic beverage pairings included. Think of it as an expertly guided bar crawl but with food!
- Attendees: We can accommodate 6* to 100 attendees. Don’t worry, we’ll break larger groups down into digestible sizes with multiple Beyond the Plate experts guiding your guests along.
- Days & Times: Monday through Thursday, tours can start pretty much at any time of the day. Friday through Sunday, start times can be no later than 3:30 p.m.
- Length & Getting Around: Tours are roughly 3 hours long and take place rain or shine. We take a leisurely pace, getting from one location to the next by foot, but we can help make transportation arrangements if needed.
- Customization: If you’re celebrating a birthday and want a custom cake or dessert for the end of the tour, we can help organize that for your special day.
- Pricing: Varies depending on the city, time of day, food and alcohol choices, and other customization.
Celebrate with us! Fill out the form to the right and we’ll work with you to create the perfect culinary experience.
*Note that the minimum number of tour attendees is 6 for Jersey City. For private tours in other cities, the minimum is 10 attendees.
Check out our most popular tour for bachelorette parties and ladies’ nights out below!
“This food tour was an amazing experience”
“My group did the Jersey City Tour. Alessia was an awesome tour guide, very knowledgeable about the area, and very down to earth. She put together a great variety/mix of different ethnic restaurants for us to try. Each meal was paired with an awesome cocktail, and she gave us a doggy bag of cookies as a dessert to go. Man were they good!
Our tour was a mix of Italian, Caribbean, Brazilian, Argentinian, and Mexican foods/restaurants. Every stop was fun, great atmosphere, and the food was delicious. It was interesting to learn about the individual restaurants, speak to the owners/chefs and get their viewpoints and experiences of the industry. Come hungry! We were all super full after the tour, and I did not need to eat until the afternoon of the next day.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to experience different foods, learn about the area, and have a fun time out with friends. 10/10 would do it again. Looking forward to trying the other cities she does tours in. We think the next one we are going to do is Redbank. She also said she can customize the tours to fit your needs/wants. Give her a call so you too can experience an amazing day out on the town with friends, delicious food/drink and tons of fun!”
— Dave F.
To get started planning your custom food tour, please take a second to answer the questions below. If you’re unsure of an answer, just leave the question blank.
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours!
Why Choose Beyond the Plate Food Tours?
Quality over quantity. We don’t throw you into a bunch of different locations. We minimize our locations down to 4-5 so you get a quality, not-rushed experience.
Get Your Drink On
Did we mention drinks? An average public tour includes 2-3 drink pairings, and an average private tour includes 3-4. All food and select drinks are included. We recommend you come hungry. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated as long as we know in advance.
Almost all tastings are sit-down and comfortable. We spend 30-35 minutes at each location, taking the time to enjoy our tastings.
There’s a lot on the menu with our private food tours! The whole experience is built into the quote, including all food and beverage offerings. Our tours are led by our expert foodie locals, and you’ll meet and greet with the restaurants’ chefs and owners.
@beyondtheplatefoodtours • #beyondtheplate
We love seeing all the amazing experiences our guests have on their tours.
Make sure to tag us in your photos, and when the tour is over,
leave us a review on Google, Tripadvisor, & Yelp.
Thank you! It means a lot to us!