Looking for a unique New Jersey culinary experience? Gather 6 or more* of your friends and family and we’ll organize a private food tour just for you and your group. Your only job? Meet. Eat. Drink. Repeat. Relax and leave the rest to us.
Choose between Jersey City, Princeton, Red Bank and Somerville. We work with over 65 restaurants, bars, & breweries to plan an experience curated with you in mind.
The perfect outlet for:
Hosting out-of-town friends/family | College field trips | Supper Clubs | Unconventional baby or bridal shower | Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties | Night out on the town | Anniversaries| Birthday Celebrations | Reunions | Mom Clubs | Alumni Groups | Just because!
Unique. Fun. Delicious
- What to Expect: Visit four eateries guided by a NJ foodie expert. You and your guests will enjoy generous food and beverage options at each location. Plus, we’ll introduce you to the chefs, mixologists and restaurateurs. All select food and alcoholic beverage pairings included. Think of it as an expertly guided bar crawl but with food!
- Attendees: We can accommodate 6* to 100 attendees. Don’t worry, we’ll break larger groups down into digestible sizes with multiple Beyond the Plate experts guiding your guests along.
- Days & Times: Monday through Thursday, tours can start pretty much anytime of the day. Friday through Sunday, start times can be no later than 3:30 PM.
- Length & Getting Around: Tours are roughly 3 hours long and take place rain or shine. We take a leisurely pace, getting from one location to the next by foot, but can help make transportation arrangements if needed.
- Customization: If you’re celebrating a birthday and want a custom cake or dessert for the end of the tour, we can help organize that for your special day.
PRICING: Varies depending on city, time of day, food and alcohol choices and other customization.
Celebrate with us! Fill out the form to the right and we’ll work with you to create the perfect culinary experience.
*Note that the minimum number of tour attendees is 6 for Jersey City. For private tours in other cities, the minimum is 10 attendees.
“Easy to set up, a great time for a big group”
“I was tasked to book an activity for our team while they were traveling. Alessia made it feel like I didn’t have to do anything. We had a short discussion about food preferences and dietary restrictions, and she just took it from there.
Unfortunately, I was not present, but I got tons of feedback from the team about how much fun and how engaging the tour was. One team member was local, and suggested a place for dessert and Alessia was able to incorporate it into the tour even though it was already set.
Would 100% recommend, heard only good things and have only good things to say!”
— Amazon, Experienced the Taste of Downtown Jersey City Food Tour
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours!
Quality over quantity. We don’t throw you into a bunch of different locations. We minimize our locations down to 4-5 so you get a quality, not rushed experience.
Get Your Drink On
Did we mention drinks? An average public tour includes 2-3 drink pairings, an average private tour includes 3-4. All food and select drinks are included. We recommend you come hungry. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated as long as we know in advance.
Almost all tastings are sit-down and comfortable. We spend 30-35 minutes at each location, taking the time to enjoy our tastings.
There’s a lot on the menu with our private food tours! The whole experience is built into the quote, including all food and beverage offerings. Our tours are led by our expert foodie locals and you’ll meet and greet with the restaurants chefs and owners.
@beyondtheplatefoodtours • #beyondtheplate
We love seeing all the amazing experiences our guests have on their tours.
Make sure to tag us in your photos, and when the tour is over,
leave us a review on Google, TripAdvisor, & Yelp.
Thank you! It means a lot to us!